Thursday, August 8, 2013

Silver Fire




August 8, 2013



Silver FIre. That's what they are calling the latest fire in Southern California. I didn't know they named fires. Like hurricanes? One of my most favorite places is southern California. A place that was on my list as a possible retirement area. (I know, Margo. Too far away for you!) When I was young I went out to California to work, never to return again. I have a special place in my heart for California. A place to start over. To live a different life style.


So it is particularly disturbing to watch these fires on TV and wonder what those people are feeling as they flee their homes. To watch firefighters risk their lives to put out these fires. First responders, who in my opinion are never paid what they are worth. While we debate whether Alex Rodriquez should be banned from baseball these men and women are being paid a pittance for what they do everyday. Don't get me wrong I LOVE to look at Alex but 20 million dollars to play baseball? Really?


Anyway my heart goes out to all those people battling this blaze and many others out west. It puts a lot of my problems in perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment